Updated: Apr 5
So I have typed out this recipe already... and it completely deleted right as I was about to hit post.. Soooo I'm typing it again - but super simplified because it took forever and I just want you guys to be able to make it! LOL
Ok, WHAT DO YOU NEED?
1 Cup Milk
5 Tbsp Butter
3 tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 package Instant Active Yeast (2+1/4 tsp)
2+1/2 Cup to 2+3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp fine Salt
1/4 cup baking Soda
3/4 tsp coarse salt
What do you need to do to make this delicious snack happen?
- Warm Milk & Butter in the microwave until just melted, do not boil the milk Heat in 30 second intervals.
- Stir in the brown sugar until dissolved
- In a Mixer (with the paddle attachment) blend flour, salt, and dry yeast, blend for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk mixture to the mixer, once the dough starts to come together, switch out for the dough hook and add the rest of the flour.
- Once combined, roll into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl, cover with saran wrap & let rise for 1-3 hours.
- Set Oven for 450
- mix the baking soda with 1+ 1/2 cups warm water and set aside
- Take dough ball out and cut into 6 pieces
- Roll out dough into a long tube about 20-24" long
- Dip your rolled pretzel dough into the baking soda solution, and dip off excess liquid
- Cut your rolled pretzel dough into 1-2" pieces
- place on baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly greased
- Sprinkle with Kosher Salt
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (until golden brown) at 8-10 minutes take out and lightly brush with melted butter and sprinkle a little more kosher salt on top.
Take out and let cool for 10 minutes and then enjoy!